When the Bruins are struggling, it gets difficult to pick a Bruin of the Week.
Boston was 1-2-0, with a comeback win at Pittsburgh now a distant memory after the Bruins scored just one goal in two losses against Montreal and Ottawa.
Nonetheless, here are your nominees for this week’s honor:
1. Mark Recchi posted 1-2-3 totals in the win at Pittsburgh. He totaled eight hits in the three games and fought Chris Campoli when the Bruins were lacking emotion down two goals in the third period Saturday. He was plus-2 for the week.
2. Shawn Thornton scored the game-winning goal in that wild Pittsburgh victory. He also recorded a team-high five hits in the loss to the Canadiens and finished with an even plus/minus on the week.
3. Zdeno Chara scored two goals this week — one against Pittsburgh and the lone goal vs. the Habs. He was plus-1 on the week and fought Chris Neil to exact some revenge for the Ottawa forward’s actions against Dennis Seidenberg last month in a Boston win at Ottawa.
Who should be the Bruin of the Week?
- Shawn Thornton (53%, 23 Votes)
- Mark Recchi (37%, 16 Votes)
- Zdeno Chara (10%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 43