One of the popular indoor games nowadays is that of the air hockey game. This game gives a huge number of hockey fans the chance to enjoy a tabletop version of their favorite game. But to play this, you will need an air hockey table. Air hockey tables, however, come in various made and sizes. Thus, if you are looking for the best air hockey tables for kids reviews by Consumer Report , you need to read through this review.
In this review, we made use of various succinct parameters to give consumers an unbiased evaluation of the popular kids air hockey table models on the market today. We also tried to look at the different reviews, top kiddy air hockey tables to have a holistic evaluation of each brand under review based on the point-of-view of end-users who already have an air hockey table for kids.
- 1 Reviews of Air Hockey Table for Kids 2019
- 1.1 1. Hathaway Face-Off 5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table for Family Game Rooms
- 1.2 2. Atomic Blazer 7’ Air Hockey Table with Electronic Score
- 1.3 3. Playcraft Derby 6′ Air Hockey Table
- 1.4 4. ESPN Air Hockey Game Table: Indoor Sports Gaming Table Set with Equipment Accessories
- 1.5 5. Hathaway Enforcer Air Hockey Table 5.5-ft for Kids with Electronic Scoring for Family Game Rooms
- 2 Things to Consider when Looking for the Best Air Hockey Tables for Kids
- 3 Wrapping Up
Reviews of Air Hockey Table for Kids 2019
Below are the top 5 air hockey tables for kids on the market today.
1. Hathaway Face-Off 5-Foot Air Hockey Game Table for Family Game Rooms
The Hathaway Face-Off is a nicely designed air hockey table for kids that allows for fast-paced game. It sports a compact design with cool graphics. It also features a glossy surface that lets you shoot the puck with ease. It is also equipped with a premium air blow with its axial fan. There are around 1,500 tiny holes on this table. Since this table is inexpensive, you can surely expect that it is also not that durable. Well, it is designed for small kid.
The Hathaway Face-Off has the following dimensions: 60″L x 30″W x 30.5″H. Its playing dimensions are 54.75″L x 27.25″W. It weighs around 65.8 pounds. Thus, it is a less than 5 feet long and good enough for your little kids to enjoy an air hockey game. The price of Hathaway Face-Off is just a little below $200. Thus, it is very affordable and is the basically the cheapest of all the models under consideration in this review.
The product is easy to assemble out-of-the-box. The instructions for assembling this item are quite easy to follow. In fact, there are five steps indicated in the instructions, and these steps are direct and simple. You can assemble it in just a little less than 30 minutes. Lastly, this item comes with 180-days limited warranty.
- This is an easy to assemble product that would immediately let your kids enjoy air hockey game at home.
- Its airflow is adequate for letting the puck glide easily on the table.
- It is very affordable.
- Based on a particular customer, there are some dead areas on the table that make it difficult for the puck to glide.
- The electronic scorer also gets easily damaged according to some end-users of this table.
2. Atomic Blazer 7’ Air Hockey Table with Electronic Score
Atomic Blazer 7’ Air Hockey Table with Electronic Score Keeping is solidly built and features an air-powdered table. It shows advanced performance features that lift your game a notch higher. It also features a durable 120V blower for quick and fast play. Its overhang rails are greatly designed to reduce the impact of the puck. It comes with an electronic scoring unit that is integrated with the rail. It is also equipped with leg levelers that ensure a level playing surface. This table is designed to accommodate a table tennis top. Out-of-the-box, it comes with four strikers in black color, and four black pucks
The Atomic Blazer has the following dimensions: 86 x 50 x 11.6 inches. It weighs around 25 pounds. The price of this item is just a little below $500. It is more expensive than the Hathaway.
You can readily assemble and set up this table in less than an hour although you may be needing a pair of helping hands when assembling this unit. Lastly, this table comes with a 180-day limited warranty.
- It is easy to assemble in less than an hour.
- it is sturdy and is designed for durability.
- The inside particle wood may chip if you play frequently and hard on it.
- The score clock tends to be damaged easily.
- The legs also tend to get a bit shaky overtime.
3. Playcraft Derby 6′ Air Hockey Table
The Playcraft Derby 6′ Air Hockey Table is a good table to buy if you want to have hours of fun playing air hockey. You can either have a Black PVC laminate finish of this item or a Cherry wood grain finish. Its design is surely stylish, and it is made of safe MDF materials. It sports a pedestal style legs that give the table added stability. Its legs are equipped with leg levelers allowing you to easily adjust its height. The playing surface is made of high gloss and scratch resistant PVC. It is also equipped with 110V air fan motor. It also comes with an electronic scorer unit.
This item has the following dimensions: 72 x 36 x 31 inches; moreover, it weighs around 117 pounds.
The Playcraft Derby is slightly less expensive than the Atomic Blazer 7’. It is, however, more expensive than the Hathaway Face-Off. It is easy to assemble, and you can set it up in less than an hour. Lastly, this item comes with a 180-day limited warranty.
- The item is surely easy to assemble. In fact, a single mom said she was able to assemble it easily without any help.
- It appears to be solidly built.
- The scoreboard tends to malfunction.
- The pucks are made of plastic and constantly flew off the table.
4. ESPN Air Hockey Game Table: Indoor Sports Gaming Table Set with Equipment Accessories
The ESPN is an electric-powered air hockey that lets you experience the exhilaration of playing air hockey at your home. Its design appears to be very sturdy. It is also made of top-quality materials with UL certified fan motor. This 5-foot table is supported by full panel legs and lateral cross braces for longevity and added durability. It also sports oversized leg levelers for an even-playing surface. The dimensions of this table are 60 x 32 x 32 inches. Moreover, it weighs around 64.2 pounds.
The ESPN Air Hockey Game Table: Indoor Sports Gaming Table Set is just more than $200 in price. It is more expensive than the Hathaway Face-Off but is cheaper than the Atomic Blazer 7’ and the Playcraft Derby 6’. It is easy to assemble, and you can set it up in less than an hour if you have some helping hands available. This one also comes with a one-year limited warranty.
- This table is not expensive!
- It is sturdily built, saved for some parts that get easily damaged.
- The warranty is one year, which is better than the other products that have 180-day limited warranty.
- The side pressboard in some cases get easily broken.
- Sound and scoring unit may stop working after several months.
5. Hathaway Enforcer Air Hockey Table 5.5-ft for Kids with Electronic Scoring for Family Game Rooms
The Hathaway Enforcer Air Hockey Table 5.5-ft for Kids is a nicely designed air hockey table for kids. It has a dazzling design that could readily tantalize your eyes. It features malamine-coated cabinet stands. It also comes with an Enforcer’s slick surface equipped with powerful blower. It appears to have a durable construction with reinforced legs and thick cabinet. It also features integrated levelers. Moreover, it is powered by an AC110V axial fan, while the surface has around 1,500 holes from which air vents out. Its playing surface has the dimensions of 65” L x 31” W, while the table dimensions are 66” L x 32” W x 32” H.
It is less expensive than the Atomic Blazer 7′ and Playcraft Derby 6′. However, it is more expensive than the other Hathaway model and the ESPN model. This one is easy to assemble. In fact, you can set it up in less than an hour. Lastly, it comes with 180-day limited warranty.
- It is very cheap and thus, you will never get disappointed if it doesn’t live up to your expectation.
- It has a larger playing surface than other models within the same price range.
- The airflow, according to one end-user is not uniformly distributed.
- It is obviously made of less durable materials.
Things to Consider when Looking for the Best Air Hockey Tables for Kids
Choosing the best air hockey table for you or your kids is a bit confusing, given the fact that there are myriads of air hockey table brands and models on the market today. Yet, if you know the parameters to consider in an air hockey table, you can easily breeze through the buying process. Here are the most important factors that you should consider when buying an air hockey table for kids:
- Design and Durability
The usual complaints of most buyers of air hockey table for kids are all about design. Design, of course, refers to how the table was planned and wrought and how convenient it is to play the game using the table. Since the table will be part of your recreational area, it should give be of sterling design that would readily blend with the other furniture of your home.
Another necessary factor when buying this type of table is durability. Since this game requires constant banging of puck and fast-play actions, the table should be of durable material. The legs likewise should withstand the test of time. The railings, moreover, should endure the constant banging of the puck.
- Dimensions and Weight
If your recreational area is cramped, you need a table that could easily fit into the allotted space. Moreover, the table should be not bulky and heavy, so that you can readily move it from one place to another. Hence, before buying an air hockey table, you need to figure out the dimensions of the space where you are going to position the table. Moreover, you also need to consider its weight.
The price range of air hockey tables for kids is from $100 to $800 depending on the brand and model you are going to choose. Hence, you should figure out beforehand the amount of money you are willing to shell out for an air hockey table. You usually get what you pay for with regards to air hockey table for kids.
- Ease of Assembly
Another factor that you need to consider when buying an air hockey table is the ease of assembly. Although this factor may never be that much important, it is also good to consider. You can look at the reviews online and learn about how fast a particular table can be assembled out-of-the-box. Most tables can be assembled within an hour. If, however, you have a pair of helping hands, you can surely set a table up even within 15 minutes.
This is another important factor to consider, Consumers need to be protected from unscrupulous manufacturers. Moreover, trusted manufacturers generally provide consumers with a reasonable warranty period. Thus, you need to consider this factor because it can be indicative of whether a brand or manufacturer is trustworthy or not.
After carefully evaluating the different products under review and heeding the well-crafted reviews of customers who have already bought the abovementioned products, we are now ready to give our take as to what is the best air hockey table for kids. We consider the Atomic Blazer 7’ as the best for kids among the abovementioned five products. Its design is good and durable, being of better quality than the other products, though it is more expensive than the other kids air hockey tables.
Lastly, it provides a larger playing surface than the other tables. Lastly, the Atomic brand is a highly trusted brand when it comes to air hockey table manufacturing.